Grilled Orzo Salad
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) pattypan squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) zucchini, sliced lengthwise 1/2-inch thick
- 5 oz radicchio, quartered
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups (1 pound) cooked orzo pasta, cooled to room temperature
- 2/3 cup sliced olives
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs minced shallots
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) toasted sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, toss squash, zucchini and radicchio with 1/2 Tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side until marked and tender. Transfer to a clean cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- When cooled, dice squash and zucchini into 1/4-inch pieces and shred raddichio into 1/4-inch strips (removing the core), then place into a large mixing bowl. Toss in orzo and olives and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallots and thyme.
- Pour into vegetable and pasta mixture and stir until evenly combined. Mix in basil, goat cheese and almonds just before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.