Chocolate Chip Scones
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, cold, cut into pieces (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or half-and-half
- Heat oven to 425°F. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add chocolate chips; toss to mix.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Knead dough a few strokes on lightly floured surface; pat to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut dough into rounds with lightly floured 3-inch cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Gather scraps and repeat to use all dough.
- Bake in 425°F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.